Show Us Your Guitars

Danelectro 59 Sprucetop

Key specifications and features include:

  • Body: Spruce top/rims with Masonite back, bolt-on maple neck, and 21-fret rosewood fingerboard.

  • Electronics: Dual Lipstick single-coil pickups wired in series for higher output, with stacked volume/tone controls and a 3-way selector.

  • Hardware: Intonatable wraparound bridge, vintage-style tuners, and an aluminum nut.

  • Tone: Known for a bright, chimey sound with strong upper-midrange emphasis, suitable for jazz, country, rockabilly, and blues.

7 Likes

Oh dang, that thing looks killer.

3 Likes

Here’s my first and currently, only ax. It’s a Sterling John Petrucchi JP60. It was gifted to me yesterday from a friend after he heard I wanted to learn guitar. It has a few dings and such, but I’m blown away by the gesture. He also lended me an amp.

next to little brother are my main basses, a Cort C4 which was my first bass, then a sire m6 and a Harley Benton fretless.

9 Likes

The finish on that Sire is spectacular!

4 Likes

Yeah. The guy that gave it to me, plays Musicman Petrucchi series only. He has 7 or 8. This was the cheap on he used for gigs. Dude is on another financial level, a certified rocket scientist but super down to earth. No pun intended. He also wrote code for the CERN super collider .

4 Likes

Very cool collection. And, dang, helluva friend you have!

2 Likes

I am still recovering and cannot start the course yet, but thought I would post my 3 favorite guitars. My Koa Taylor C22ce Custom 40 is my favorite acoustic to play, and I want to learn more about playing my PRS electric guitars. A hollowbody II with a piezo (purple mist) and a private stock special semi-hollow (koa). As I stated in my introduction, I became more of a collector than a player, but when I feel well enough, I want to focus on being a player (and quit looking at Reverb!).

6 Likes

Dang, those are beautiful! Looks like you’re really a fan of koa. Are you attracted to the tone or the look of it? Both?

I hope you recover quickly and smoothly. Module 4 is a good time to bust out the electric!

3 Likes

Thanks! I love the look and sound of koa. More subdued (neither have really opened up yet). So, do modules 1-3 with my acoustic? I was thinking of doing the entire course with the electrics so I can learn to use them.

2 Likes

Actually, I’ll eat my words and recommend you do the course primarily with one guitar. I’ve explained this a bit in other threads, but since each guitar has a unique feel, your hand has to adjust every time you switch. Sticking with one guitar can remove that one variable and make things a little easier. It’s not a hard and fast rule, but something to keep in mind if you catch yourself struggling on one guitar but not on another.

I only mentioned module 4 because I misread and thought that you’d already started the course on your acoustic (I reread and saw that you haven’t been able to start yet). M4 is a fun one on electric, because power chords tend to pop up a lot in rock music. But the course is equally as fun and doable on both acoustic and electric :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Sounds good. I will use one of the PRS electric guitars for the course, then. Thanks for the heads up!

4 Likes

I just sold my Brownsville Bat bass…it did not get enough play time and the neck was 8 miles long…

5 Likes

Omg. I see lol. Beautiful though

2 Likes

Ok:

Artist 335:

Artist SG:

Chender Tele 1, wired as a Broadcaster with Al3 pickups:

Cheder Tele 2, hand painted pickguard:

I like them all, tho I do find myself drawn to the Gibson scale length.

5 Likes

I’m doing the course on my 335

8 Likes

This is my little set up.

Yes 3 bass guitars and just the 1 guitar, at the moment!

7 Likes

Looks good and remember you always need more basses than guitars to even out the number of strings!

5 Likes

I admire your willpower!

I bought two more guitars…

JUST LAST WEEK!!! :rofl: :sweat_smile: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :smiley:

6 Likes

Very cool. Nice clean set up.

3 Likes

Thanks

Great course by the way

3 Likes