Show Us Your Guitars

Danelectro ’64XT™

Ultra cool vintage shape with classic Danelectro chambered body. Dual Lipstick Humbucker Pair in bridge with large Single Coil in neck. Coil tap with a pull on tone knob. Wilkinson tremolo. Danelectro says the '64XT has the “Best tone of any 6 string we ever made”.

• Reversed double cutaway offset horn shape
• Scale length: 25"
• Number of frets: 22
• Graphite nut
• Wilkinson vibrato bridge
• 1 Dual humbucking Lipstock® bridge pickup
• 1 Vintage style large housing single coil neck pickup
• 1 Master volume
• 1 Master tone (with push-pull switch to split bridge pickup)
• 3-way pickup switch

8 Likes

I love those lipstick pickups. Such a cool and unique tone and the surf green is totally on point for that guitar. I’m more than a little jelly.

3 Likes

A couple of weeks ago I sold my Rickenbacher 4003S and bought a PRS SE Paul’s Guitar with part of the proceeds. I liked it so much I started looking at their Silver Sky line and then stumbled across this PRS SE EG from 2003 at GC. It just so happened that I had some unused credits with them so it came home with me.

The Paul’s Guitar sounds great and is really versatile. With the EG I find I prefer either the neck and middle pickups together or the bridge pickup soloed.

5 Likes

RIP (Rickenbacher in Peace)

I have a Pro II Jazz Bass that while I love is always in the back of my mind that I could trade in for something I like better.

3 Likes

Yeah, I sold the Ric because it hadn’t been out of its case in at least 6 months. It was a really good bass but it didn’t sound like me.

3 Likes

Speaking of Rics, my Kit’nbacker arrived the other day, glued the neck on and will take off the clamps tonite

8 Likes

Sweet!

4 Likes

Did you do any dye or finish on it?

4 Likes

I am going for the Mapleglo look, I will use Tung/Danish Oil and possibly Howards FeednWax.

I tested the Tung Oil on the headstock last night and it darkens it a little which is what I was after.

Ideally, I am hoping to get a finish that will yellow and darken with age.

I am not planning on using a clear coat.

I’ll put up pics if you want.

3 Likes

Well, yeah!

2 Likes

I’ll put them up in Project Basses thread on B2B forum as I go

3 Likes

Absolutely!!

1 Like

Neck is glued in and straight, first coat of oil

10 Likes

This is where I’m at with my J. It’s by far my nicest bass, and I do very much enjoy playing it. But it’s huge, even with the thinner neck on it. I did the same thing of putting it in the case for about six months, and just recently took it out. I just really don’t have GAS right now other than “something different” so I’m waiting until something interesting comes through my local shop that I can get my hands on to see if I do want to trade it. Something short scale maybe to go with my Mustang.

3 Likes

New guitar day! :heart::heart:

12 Likes

Here’s my Schecter C-1 Standard - not my only electric, but definitely one of my favourite ones

8 Likes

All put together, electrics work, I just need to set up the bridge and truss rod.
It has an unlabelled truss rod cover I will put on later

7 Likes

That’s a beut! Now go play some Motörhead on it!

2 Likes

That’s the plan.

I put on D’Addario Chromes.

I wanted flatwounds but I want the brightest ones possible.

I tested it with headphones last night and it seems to have a good trebly aggressive sound.

I’ll fix up intonation and truss rod etc tonight and see how it sounds through the Rumble.

2 Likes

60th Anniversary?

5 Likes