Show Us Your Guitars

What kind of guitar forum would this be if we didn’t share some guitar pics?

I’ll get us started.

I’ll start with the one you’ve seen me with the most. This is a Fender Road Worn 60s Strat. I freakin’ love it. The 60s cycle hum was crazy when I started filming the course, so I put in some Kinman noiseless pickups.

Next up is another Strat. This one was made and gifted to me by a dear friend of mine, so it holds a lot of sentimental value. The biggest difference between this one and the Road Worn Strat above is that this one’s a hardtail (no tremolo). It makes for a less springy, more solid tone. I have Seymour Duncan Antiquity Surfer pickups in this one. It sounds beautiful and plays like buttah.

[pic coming soon]

This is probably my ‘nicest’ guitar. It’s a Gibson Custom Les Paul 1957 Reissue. It was made to measure (not by me—I bought it used :slightly_smiling_face:) which is how it ended up with a black top. As if Les Pauls aren’t heavy enough, I decided to put a bigsby on it for a little extra vibe. This one sports some handwound PAF style pickups made by Mark Grant Guitars. I feel 10% cooler whenever I’m playing this axe.

Here’s a weird one. This spaceship-looking thing is branded St George, but I believe it was made in Japan by Teisco in the mid 1960s. It’s funky, kinda hard to play, and sounds super unique. I have this strung with flatwounds and I usually have it tuned to C# standard. Even though I could never sound like him, it inspires me to play like Ry Cooder (IYKYK).

My favorite (and only) acoustic guitar. This is a Martin OMJM. I got this guitar as a gift about 15 years ago from my Aunt and Uncle (I know, I know—two gifted guitars?? How did I get so friggin’ lucky?). It’s really special to me. If my house was on fire I’d have this in one arm and my cat Mimi in the other.

I also have a Fender JMJ Mustang Bass. No pics of that one though—it’s illegal to post bass pics on a guitar forum.

That’s all I got for ya. Let’s see your guitars!

12 Likes

Stolen picture of an Orlando 304 from Reverb, BUT, there were slight variations over the years and this one is the same.

8 Likes

Hey Alex, it’s good to finally talk in your general direction. I can’t believe it’s been almost a year now since the group of us started testing out the course. I’ve got 2 guitars atm (still jonesing for an ASAT).

I started out and went through the course the first time with my Yamaha Revstar (right, next to the Reverend bass):

Then there’s my G&L Doheny, which is the G&L verasion of the jazzmaster. I frikkin love this thing.

I guess I should go ahead and pull the trigger now on the Eastwood TB64, which is the bass vi version of that Teisco. I think I’m going to at least try to go through the final version of the course with this. We’ll see how barre chords go on the vi.

10 Likes

Here’s my Schecter Omen Extreme 6. It’s my only guitar as I still consider myself a bassist first. And you can’t tell me what to do, so I’ve got one of my basses in the pic too!

8 Likes

Front left: Cheesy Kramer Focus.

Front right: Aging but nice Yamaha FG-512.

Both are covered with dust because I stopped trying to learn to play them when I discovered BassBuzz. The Yamaha BB734A was my graduation present to myself, and is never covered in dust.

9 Likes

Where do I start…?
Here’s my Ibanez Roadstar RG135 that I’ve had since high school ('86). It was fun digging this out and playing it again.

I have removed the flag and Bulletproof Software stickers recently. Flag was peeling off when I started playing again testing the course.

The black and white (used) Ibanez Gio is what my daughter bought herself when she started the course.

9 Likes

This is an Ibanez (get ready for this…) S570AHSWK SER. Ibanez, seriously… what’s up with that model number? LOL! This was my reward to myself when I was half way through testing the course. This was sold as “damaged” at a Guitar Center for $250. Can’t turn down an offer like that! The damage… Small crack on the enamel when it was dropped during shipment.

My Ibanez 300e bass! I love this Cerulean Blue color! The “wave” sticker has recently ceased to exist.

8 Likes

My Squire PJ bass. I figured I better have a Fender bass since everyone swears by them. I put a purple pickguard on it and changed the knobs to where I can put purple fake gems on them. Purple because of the band The Birthday Massacre.

I bought this Jackson Spectra JS2 on sale a couple Thanksgivings ago because I wanted a cheap “sticker bass”. It turns out it actually plays and sounds nice.

6 Likes

Nice! Made in Japan? A lot of those older MIJ nylon strings sound beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Thanks a bunch for testing the course out for us! I think it made the final course a LOT better.

Woof, barre chords on a bass VI sounds hellish—don’t hurt yourself lol. I love the look of that Doheny.

Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Lol, fair enough! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Super cool. I love a good 12 string!

1 Like

I freakin’ love that flamey kitty sticker.

2 Likes

Thanks! I wish I could remember where I got it from.
A friend of mine made that ghost one on my 300e.

3 Likes

Yes, it is pre Korean era. I did a search last night, and apparently they were around $150 new in the early 70’s, so a serious instrument.

Here, it deserves it’s own pictures!

6 Likes

7 Likes

This first guitar is the one I started the course off with. The B.C Rich BEAST.

Co-worker says this is a “Son of a BEAST”. Idk, if you do, let me know. This thing is a BEAST! It was so cool having a rad guitar to start the the course off with and it took me all the way up to Enter Sandman, but I quickly found that this thing is not meant to sit down and practice with. It was made to stand and destroy crowds. It’s tuned to Drop B now.

Next up, went and bought this mystery machine bc F*ING FIREBALL!

This made practice much easier. Affectionately known as the fireball. This is Tuned to D now.

But of course, as a guitarist, “…Maybe just one more” turned into

The Sterling by Music Man Jon Petrucci signature Majesty. I love this thing. I cant remember exactly when I switched from the Fireball to the Majesty but this has carried me through 2 runs of the course so far. The first run was only half of the course though. Affectionately known as “Your Majesty” or just “The Majesty”…MAJESTIC AF :rofl:. This baby stays is E.

6 Likes

BUT THEN! :rofl: :rofl:

Of course I didn’t stop there. I had to buy a Jackson Dinky 7

This thing rips. Tuned to A standard and the first thing I played on it, not well lol, was Half God Half Devil by In This Moment. This is the “War Machine”

Picking up my new Perry from the orphanage.

3 Likes

OH! AND LET’S NOT FORGET ABOUT MY 4 AND 5 STRING BASSES!!:rofl:

Not actually sure what this is. Headstock say Grand. I don’t believe it. No one I have brought it to can find anything on it.

Bought this ESP LTD 5 string off a guy at work. If you’re not familiar with the dude on the back, it’s a Tonberry from the Final Fantasy video games and completely wrecks your whole party. This bass is know as the “TONEberry” Half God Half Devil was also the first thing I played on this bad boy.

I’ve also got an E-Drum kit, an 8 note steel tongue drum and a keyboard.

I’m on vacation so I’m trying to touch each instrument for at least 20 minutes a day. Rotation on guitars seeing as I literally have a set up for each day of the week lol

5 Likes

I remember that blue guitar when you posted it on the BassBuzz Discord group! Love that color! Glad to see you are here.
This is Komikino, BTW. :smiley:

2 Likes