Show Us Your Guitars

:smile: :victory_hand:

4 Likes

ok more pics. My initial reaction was basically that I am a dumbass and should have just gone with this color all along, it’s awesome and I have always loved it.

Hard to describe, it’s this really cool translucent blue/grey flame maple with a black base. As usual for such colors, it is difficult to photograph well.

Considering I got this thing for a steal (about $300 used) I’m pretty impressed with how clean it is. I mean, I will gunk up that bridge pickup cover a lot more than this in like a week:

That tort… has got to go. I’ll give it a little time but the salami is not my jam.

Fretboard is typical for a midrange Yamaha rosewood, very nice grain, good color. Frets are like 95%.

Very happy so far. This is my third Pacifica and by far the nicest one yet.

6 Likes

Such an awesome color, congrats. The best that I can do for those 611’s is more than twice that price and thats still used. I agree about the pickguard. I’m not a tort guy, I think a black on black would look good with that color.

2 Likes

I am thinking maybe Black Pearloid

5 Likes

White pearloid would be classic for that and match the dot inlays. Or maybe dig into the whole Japan thing and get one with the great wave on it. The white and blue would go well with both the body and dots.

1 Like

I’d be worried that those would clash, maybe alot. The colors are close-ish (maybe not great) and the patterns are really not close (the bigger issue). Black or white pearloid, as noted, are the way to go imvho.

1 Like

Congrats!

1 Like

I think that it’s just going to obscure the flame job by pulling your eye away from the subtlety. Maybe a black pick guard? Frost black would probably be even better.

It’s not an easy finish to photograph, but it seems on my new ASAT about the only way to see it is get it just right in the light, and snap the photo.


5 Likes

Yeah black on black would be another good choice and would match my BB734a. A really dark gunmetal grey might work too.

4 Likes

Ooh actually, the 612s come with black and yeah that’s the ticket, that looks great:

Black it is.

3 Likes

I googled it before I commented to be sure it was rosewood, but that’s exactly how my Mustang Bass w/ a rosewood fretboard looked until I oiled it. I even read a review before I bought mine that said theirs was the same.

2 Likes

All righty, got her set up - needed a pretty major truss rod tweak and a massive lowering of the action but she’s sitting pretty now at a nice flat neck and 1.5mm action at the 12th. Intonation is perfect, no buzz at all, this guitar is tan, rested and ready.

4 Likes

And fall into a completely new one lol

4 Likes

The few Yamaha Revstars here got me really GASsy. My last guitar was supposed to be my last guitar, but now this Revstar standard in vintage white should be. Arrived Friday, snuck it into the house, other half not aware yet…working through module 2 with it, and loving it so much. Can’t help myself.:squinting_face_with_tongue:

6 Likes

I love that white, I can’t tell from the pic. Does it have the racing stripes?

3 Likes

Sure does. Very subtle on the vintage white.

4 Likes

Yeah! Love the Revstar and the Standard is such a huge value for the money. I bought my fourth Revstar for doing the course beta, and I almost bought my fifth Revstar for the course but instead bought my third Pacifica. I really need to stop selling guitars :rofl:

2 Likes

Keeping it simple for now (since bass and sax are both way out of hand)…

Fender Baja Telecaster, really hoping it stays to just this one, but maybe…maybe a strat upon course completion - but that’s it!!! hahahaha

7 Likes

Do it!!!

1 Like

What color? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like