Show Us Your Guitars

Somebody! Help me…
I bought ANOTHER bass!!! :smiley:
I bought a used 1989 Ibanez EXB 405 bass guitar… because I like this old headstock style. I told myself I wouldn’t buy another bass till I at least get good enough to warrant the purchase, but this thing showed up at the local Guitar Center last month and I had to get it. I spent an extra $160 on the setup, fixing the tuner (the original owner tried to rewire some stuff in it and messed it up) and adding some Black Beauties strings to it. I brought it home yesterday and all I have to say is, “This bass is frigging amazing!” The polished neck is nice, slick and thin. It sounds good (with what gear I have) and the action (after being adjusted with the setup) is great! It’s also super lightweight! I am looking forward to playing it more!
The Nezuko plush toy was a gift from someone in Japan when I was there in 2023. I thought she would look cool hanging from the headstock.

10 Likes

It’s a beauty, and I don’t blame you at all, but if you start looking at guitars, then you can avoid that trap! :joy:

2 Likes

When you realize that your current ASAT matches your current dog;


But your new dog is a different color, so it’s time to make that fall road trip through the North Cascades and pick up another ASAT.


6 Likes

Well, I did buy that used Ibanez at the beginning of the year. Guess that means testing this course didn’t help me much with controlling my spending. :smiley:

5 Likes

That fingerboard looks dirty and thirsty. Nice choice.

3 Likes

I guess that not wanting an ASAT bass is helping me a bit! Nice pair!!

1 Like

Thanks! I think it’s the lighting that might make the fretboard look like that. It’s been cleaned a lot since I took this photo.

2 Likes

This is a nice looking guitar!

3 Likes

Thanks!
It was bought “used” for $250 from Guitar Center. It was damaged in shipping but it is in excellent condition.

1 Like

I bet that thing rips! And the 1.5 watter sounds perfect for home recording.

1 Like

Love it! Post it in the double-P topic over on bassbuzz :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I posted there in the “Show Us Your Basses Part 2” thread already. :smiley:
I will check out the Double P section.
Thanks!

2 Likes

Cool. Thread title is “Two-Fisted Punching Machines”

3 Likes

Found it! :smiley:

2 Likes

My sarcasm does not shine on this forum. That is a nice machine that has seen some serious play.

2 Likes

I had a white sg copy for a day. It was delivered in poor condition even for a chibson.

2 Likes

It’s all good. :smiley:

1 Like

Yikes! Thankfully mine came in in really nice shape.

2 Likes

Yeh I use it with a 1x12 fender Bass Breaker cab with a celestion V-Type in it, and even though it’s not much power, it still moves a lot of air.

Not much clean headroom, but if you just crank the volume and get thick power amp distortion, it’s a very “rock and roll” sound.

The 18w amp, I put into a home made combo enclosure with a celestion Ten-30. The smaller open back with a 10in speaker makes it a bit strong in the upper mids without much bass, so it’s a bit shrill unless I roll of the treble a bit using the Vox style post phase inverter high cut filter. That being said, it’s great in a band situation at it’s not muddy and gets a wide range of crunch and compression.

1 Like

soooooooooooon…

3 Likes