Show Us Your Guitars

Not a factor at all when sitting, big annoying when standing.

My favorite basses (Yamaha SBV 550) have a little neck dive stock; I always mod them with Gotoh Res-o-Lite tuners and a higher mass bridge, which fixes it. I am betting the SGV is the same.

The problem with guitars is that after having locking tuners, I can now never not have them, so trimming tuner weight is harder :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh no. New colors this year. Now the RSS comes in Fired Red.

Okay. Hmm. Change in plans…

5 Likes

ooo

1 Like

That is really pretty. Honestly, I think I like the sound of the RSE better. I get more use out of that treble boost than I think I would out of that transformer thing. I’ve played around with the RSS’s a few times and the last time I walked away happy that I cheaped out on mine.

2 Likes

I love the idea of the transformer but with the humbuckers it is interesting but kind of dullening. Wanna try it with the P90s.

Dual P90, that’s the Mike Ness go-to.

The RSE is a very great guitar for its price. Just a really good instrument.

2 Likes

I accidentally brought this second hand Squier Affinity back home from the guitar shop, felt it was a steal at £135. My other half, busy enjoying his new strings and C# tuning. We’re away tonight for a rock festival so will be busy getting muddy and wet tomorrow, so I’ll play with my new toy Monday I guess… :blush:

8 Likes

I love the tele—happy belated Jeff!

2 Likes

That Ibanez looks KILLER

2 Likes

Dang, good stuff Johnny! That’s a solid collection.

1 Like

Super cool. I wanna know more about that amp you made. What’s it inspired by?

2 Likes

I think the that the tone difference between string gauges is pretty minimal for electrics. 9s vs 12s, you’ll definitely hear a difference. But when going from say 9s to 10s, I think we’re more hearing the difference in our playing (if that makes sense).

With acoustics on the other hand, string gauge makes a huge difference. Even bumping up from 12s to 13s.

For electric—when in doubt, go with 10s. Particularly if you’re stuck between 9s and 11s.

5 Likes

Jealous of that silver sky, Paul!

3 Likes

Good stuff, Dirk! You have all you need.

1 Like

Good stuff!

1 Like

Pup pics are ALWAYS welcome here!

3 Likes

Love the look of that Epi LP!

2 Likes

Nice! Love me a good ES-335

2 Likes

I like the squire—very Gilmour!

Are you in C# std or drop C#?

1 Like

I made it using a schematic posted on the Oz Valve Amps forum back in about 2008. It’s 18w el84 output stage, with a James tone stack.

I’ve since modified it to have a vox AC15 tone stack, and the Vox high cut tone for the power amp to shape the overdrive sound a bit - it allows me to tame the very high frequency to make it a smoother overdrive.

The schematic had since been made into a kit here:

I’ve also made their smaller amp that uses old TV vacuum tubes, for about 1.5W output.

3 Likes

I’m sticking to standard tuning for now, it’s my partner playing with C#. Starting your course this week hopefully, no need to confuse myself on week 1! But pleased it looks like Gilmour’s guitar, one of my guitar heroes! It was just lucky they had this pre-loved at a reasonable price… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes