Show Us Your Guitars

These all have the gib logo. The wine red copy is my favorite. It has all new electrics and gibson 57 classic pups. The white one has burstbuckers. The sg has a wax potted set that sound great. The fake emg pups are average and I have a nice set for it in gold but all the pots etc. are only accessable through the front since the back is solid with no cutouts.

I bought the strat at Mars just before GC opened a block away and put them out of business.

9 Likes

Some nice guitars here!

Here are a couple from my collection. The natural finish telecaster is a baritone that I made myself. Finish is shellac. The amp is a 15w tube amp I also made, with a diy 1x10 cab. The resonator is my latest acquisition that was a present to myself last year. The duo sonic was rescued from severe water damage by the previous owner. I had to gut it and replace all the electronics due to corrosion. Beer apparently is quite corrosive!

11 Likes

I love that tele!

2 Likes

Actually Alex, you’ll probably have knowledge there - why is it a good call? The 11s ‘feel’ right sonically but I can’t deny the lighter 9s are way friendlier to play, especially for barres (ouch). Is it really a simple as thicker strings = deeper sound?

1 Like

I’m not Alex but have a short scale duo sonic (24in is same as yours) and the heavier gauge strings get the tension a bit higher. This helps with pitch stability, and makes the shorter scale play more like a standard 25.5in scale fender.

I have 10-46 on my Gibson scale guitars 24.75in scale.

9s on my 25.5in fender scale, and 11s on my short scale duo sonic.

You will notice that you can bend super far and it’s easy to pull a note sharp with fretting finger pressure if you have light strings on the shorter scale.

1 Like

Love the finish on the SG

2 Likes

I plan on listing them. Due to the gib**n logo they can only be sold for cost or I will get in some legal trouble according to those who know. The sg has a 25-1/2" scale length. I had bought a snow white sg and it had damage in a bunch of places so I sent it back. This one only has one ding and it is from me dropping the tailpiece on it. Haha

2 Likes

This is the first guitar I bought. Early 2000’s Tom Delong signature Squier. It’s very used. Lots of scratches and dents. I’m very happy with it and I’m a sucker for surf green.

8 Likes

I love green, I can’t believe I finally just bought my first green instrument (lime green for me). Being a Fender / Squier, I think your guitar is worth more with the dings since it’s relic’d now. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Here’s mine, a Yamaha Revstar RSS20 :blush:

Beware of the GAS enabler in chief @howard :joy:

11 Likes

You’re GASsing me in this case. I am currently Revstar-less, which is not a stable state.

2 Likes

Now, what colour will it be this time? Burgundy again? :sweat_smile:

I haven’t done the green one yet. I did like the two “Hot Merlot” ones though. I’d like to get one of the P90 ones but I don’t like trapeze bridges and plus they don’t have the racing stripe, so that’s out.

1 Like

Doing a couple lessons in the course and just thought about the Brownsville Bat I used to have. I gave it to a “friend” before I decided to actually apply myself lol. Wish I kept it. that thing was cool.

GAS just bc it looked cool before I actually learned how to play them :rofl: :sign_of_the_horns:

3 Likes

Found some pics of it YES!!!

6 Likes

My pair of PRS guitars. A PRS SE CE24 and a John Mayer Silver Sky SE. I blocked the trem on the silver sky with some nickels. I don’t use the term on either of them. They are both amazing guitars. And I love the colors. I also don’t know if I should admit this, but I don’t know who John Mayer is and I don’t think I realized this was his signature guitar until last week when I blocked the trem. His name is on the neck plate.

11 Likes

I played a PRS NF53 SE at Flipside in downtown Denver not too long ago, I really liked the feel of it. I also don’t have a tele style guitar yet. It was a really good price. I managed to walk away, but the fact that I still think about it isn’t a good sign.

4 Likes

I hate when I can’t stop thinking about a piece of equipment. Very rarely do I not end up buying when that happens.

4 Likes

Yeah I really liked the SE Customs I was trying. Really great guitars. Hmm, used purple Custom 24 on the market here now for a great price too.

3 Likes

I was never a fan of John Mayer’s music, but he is an incredibly talented guitarist when he’s just jamming other peoples’ music. He’s currently the lead guitarist for the current rendition of the Grateful Dead, which is called Dead and Company and has some of the original living members.

3 Likes