GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome

1st day on this forum, (veteran from Bass Buzz) and 3 weeks into my guitar journey and I already have guitar GAS!

This is what I have

This is what I want next

I guess I’m suffering with a bad case of GAS!

7 Likes

It isn’t going to help your GAS, but I have that exact Epi Les Paul and I love it.

4 Likes

I sure it does but does it/would it have a different sound from the semi hollow I have?

3 Likes

The GAS monster be like

:rofl:

6 Likes

I think it would probably sound really similar considering the pickups on both are located roughly in the same place.

3 Likes

Talk to me!!!

Just added TWO LP’s to my TWO 335’s. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

They most likely have different pickups too, but to answer your question;

Yes

2 Likes

It will have a different tone. Hollow body guitars are more microphonic by design, and have much more capacity for feedback at lower volumes.

If you play through headphones it will be subtle, as the humbuckers are (as already said) in similar location, but if you plug into a moderate volume amp, you can hear the difference more easily.

Most people think the 335 will sound darker, but my experience has been the opposite, with higher harmonic content than solid body humbucker guitars.

4 Likes

CAUTION! NAUGHTY WORDS USED…HEAVILY :sweat_smile: !

Found a double unboxing video from a few months ago. It’s a bit long though. Sorry about the no filter. :sweat_smile: :rofl:

1 Like

Lol love the not so subtle peer pressure

2 Likes

I had to be honest! :smiley: I did also exercise caution in the other comment because I only think I knew the LP was a better fit for me after 6 more months of practice lol. But for me, it wasn’t just the shape of the neck. I realized I just…really like laminate guitar necks vs bolt-ons. Which to me now I still can’t explain it, but I like them more.

2 Likes

3 Likes

There’s no such thing as peer pressure when it’s about GAS. It’s collective helpfulness!

5 Likes

So, I know the advice and the you don’t need another guitar but GAS and the formula N+1 (where N is the current number owned) I need to chose between a new Epiphone Les Paul tribute or a used Epiphone Les Paul standard.

They are priced with £5 of each other???

Both! Keep the one you like the most and send the other one back. :rofl:

3 Likes

No, but both but use the one you like the most and stick the other one on the wall!

3 Likes

easy answer - used.

why? - resale value - someone else already paid for depreciation.

If in good shape used is ALWAYS the answer.

3 Likes

My wife took offense when I once told her this :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

*Les Paul Professional II enters the chat :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

GAS won!

4 Likes