GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome

:star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

1 Like

Epiphone standard in blueberry burst​:heart:

1 Like

Ya didn’t talk to me! :blush:

Which model?

2 Likes

Epiphone Inspired by Gibson Les Paul Standard 60s Figured in Blueberry Burst

EIGLP6BBNHR

Ugh, I didn’t need to learn today that they have exclusive colors on their website. Don’t get me wrong, I love my tuxedo white, but that Vice City Blue and your Blueberry Sunburst are incredible

2 Likes

I have been trying to resist GAS.. but PRS Silver Sky “DEFENDER” is triggering me..

1 Like

That nails it down

Has the same pickups as my '59 Standard Outfit, but I must admit I like the gloss finish better than the satin finish. Maybe a Bigsby will make the satin look more appropriate. :grin:

The '59 did come with an Old School Hard Case. :laughing: :wink:

1 Like

Yep, ES 335 Walnut is one

1 Like

Wow, congrats Chris!

1 Like

That video is an interesting take! I feel like the defender might just be a funny coincidence, but we’ll probably never know the truth. I do know John Mayer’s been a fan of LR Defenders for years, so it seems pretty on brand in that sense.

2 Likes

Interesting coincidences!

I tend to agree. One of the posters over on BB posted this a couple of days ago irt the PRS.

Seeing some of the struggles in the “What are you struggling with thread” had me thinking this morning about what helped me. And I know, buying a new guitar isn’t the answer…all of the time. But what really helped me was picking up a cheap nylon string. I saw a video by Eric Haugen on why you should own a nylon string guitar, and I bought the Fender CN-60 specifically because it’s a normal neck on a nylon string instead of a flat, wide classical neck. They’re also relatively cheap. But very fun.

The ease of playing, and the fatness of the higher, nylon G-B-D- strings made it easier to play each note of the chords. And the nylon string resonance is kind of like vibrato in that it hides your mistakes a little. The guitar is quieter too, so your mistakes don’t sound so loud! That was a big deal to me because I don’t need reminders of my mistakes, I think of them always.

3 Likes

Epiphone Les Paul '59 Standard Outfit
Any color you want so long as it’s Lemon Burst, 30% off
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone/1959-Les-Paul-Standard-Outfit-Limited-Edition-Electric-Guitar-Lemon-Burst-1500000342078.gc?algoliaQueryID=17b86a115d0a4322a74afd1ebf2102ae&algoliaIndexName=guitarcenter