Me: Just tell me whether the guitar is blue or black.
Yamaha: It’s
I’m partially color blind, like I can’t see the schooner (iykyk) in those pictures. I learned a long time ago to keep the… what color is that to myself.
That meme is a nearly perfect description of Yamaha Translucent Black
This is a fitting signature guitar for Scallon. This thing djents.
@howard isn’t the only GAS baiter. @Megatron posted this on discord and I want it so bad lol
“If you only use the low string, what are the other 6 for?”
“Well, Timmy. Those are for decoration!”
No price tag. I’m afraid to ask him the price he saw lol.
I barely use the other 6 strings on my 7. Pass
. Waste of money on strings for me lol
Oh hey I missed that @Megatron was here too. Hey dude!
Used… between 2000 and 4000€.
There were some for sale in Japan. It’s pretty much a collector’s item. ![]()
Heya mate! How have you been? ![]()
Yeah E-II is one of their domestic lines here, it’s the second to top tier. For ESP’s main brands, not counting ancillary brands they own (like Killer, or discontinued lines like Navigator, etc) their main domestic branding stacks like this, from lower end to higher end:
Grassroots (entry level, made overseas)
(ESP LTD would fit next here but these are not available in Japan; made overseas, mid-tier, excellent instruments)
Edwards (MIJ, very nice)
E-II (MIJ, even nicer)
ESP (MIJ, top tier for production models)
ESP Custom Shop (off the charts good)
Heya mate! How have you been?
Good! great to see you around. You should come by BassBuzz more ![]()
Good! great to see you around. You should come by BassBuzz more
I’ve been Lurking a bit.
This past year wasn’t particularly nice.. I do spend more time on discord. ![]()
Ugh sorry to hear that - what a wild chaotic year.
They want a bit too much for this one though.
You realize you say this about every single instrument right? Treat yourself brother, you are worth it. (I wonder if I need the Terry and the BlueJeans matching guitar for my bass now, lol. (they ain’t cheap, not that I have been checking or anything).
You realize you say this about every single instrument right?
LOL yes. The real problem with the SGV, though, is that I really dislike the tone. Not a surf guy.
I wonder if I need the Terry and the BlueJeans matching guitar for my bass now, lol.
Yeah for you isn’t even a question. It’s rare, collectible, and if you like surf, you can’t beat it.
Not sure if this should be in the GAS thread; I am interested in the Pacificas.
What I am unsure about is the difference in say the 112V and the 212 range, specifically whether is it cosmetic only.
112V
212VQM
The price difference is about AUD $50 so not a lot.
The 212s are obviously gorgeous.
Both models seem to have similar functions and pickups HSS, split coil humbuckers.
I know @Howard likes the Pacificas.
There difference is purely cosmetic. Quilted top and matching headstock on the 212 vs plain colours and natural wood headstock on the 112.
Just moved this to the GAS thread since there’s already some Pacifica talk here.
There difference is purely cosmetic. Quilted top and matching headstock on the 212 vs plain colours and natural wood headstock on the 112.
Yeah, I haven’t checked but there might also be other minor differences (like between the TRBX 504 and 604) but really they are both solid entry level guitars.
I have owned two 112s, both were totally fine. No frills but nothing wrong with them at all. Pickups are fine out of the box.