GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome

I’ve sent twelve guitars back in the last 270 days. Four on Reverb that were advertised new and were not. Seven others were from two large on-line dealers that were refurbs/blems or B stock. Lastly, one that wasn’t properly packaged and got damaged in shipping. At least the last one was as advertised. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I love them a ton for style. I collect the bass version (Yamaha SBV).

The only problem for me with the guitar version (SGV) is that it is a very Surf Rock sounding guitar, and that’s not usually my jam.

3 Likes

I’d be lying if I said I was not tempted

5 Likes

The only reason that I’d have to turn that one down is that they didn’t cut the body to shape. Usually Yamaha’s QC is much better than that. :rofl:

6 Likes

“But that is obviously a Stratocaster! Just look at the neck!”

-this guy, probably

5 Likes

Bad ASS. Can’t wait to hear it in action!

3 Likes

Love these! They rip so hard.

3 Likes

I can think of at least one person who would be interested :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That color is gorgeous. That 611VFM is the Pacifica I’d get. I really dig the P90/H config. Here in the States it’s trans black or dark red burst (also a beautiful color). Tbh, they’re really decently priced. I was expecting those to go for $1K. Did you get it yet?

4 Likes

nope I want the purple one and none up used. Here we also have Root Beer and Translucent Purple which are both awesome.

I absolutely love Yamaha’s Trans Black color too, both on these and on the TRBX604. It’s a cool shifting blue-grey in reality.

4 Likes

:-1:

4 Likes

It looks like they simply renamed the translucent black to Indigo Blue here this year:

4 Likes

Ahh nope, Ikebe just hung a black one there, the actual Indigo Blue is the same color as the BB’s:

That Trans Black is an awesome color though.

4 Likes

That’d be weird if the same brand had two completely different colors with the same name.

3 Likes

So it’s almost like Indigo and Dark Indigo? They’re both beautiful. Most importantly though, did you go home with one?

3 Likes

Not yet. No purple ones up used within $200 of a good price. However, Root Beer is growing onme and I have always loved the trans black.

3 Likes

@Jimi started a pedal thread

3 Likes

Okay, no details to share yet, but…

3 Likes

I am so confused by this conversation so I looked at the local shop to me that carries Yamaha, and they have one for sale that literally says both on one listing. This is the kind of place that only shows what they have in stock too.

3 Likes

Yeah. I would even be down with them renaming Trans Black to Indigo Blue; it isn’t (it’s more dark blue/grey or gunmetal blue), but it is closer than their actual Indigo Blue color, which is in reality an awesome shifting blue/green.

2 Likes