Kickass GuitarBuzz Alumni

Thanks!! I love it, too. Both of the Gilmour leads are just incredible.

Big congrats on finishing B2B!! Huge accomplishment.

1 Like

Fair enough, different strokes!

1 Like

I do keep a bass strung with flats. My deep, dark secret musically is that I love Sam Cooke and old Motown stuff. I play it because I grew up with my Mom playing Sam’s stuff in the house, I just doubt I’ll ever do much in the way of covers. Most of what I do record is all more mid and treble forward, and that isn’t where flats shine.

1 Like

Yep! Nothing at all wrong with flats if you liked them. I wish I did but they aren’t so good for the genres I like, and feel really weird and sticky to me on bass. Guitar they would be fine.

Ha! Your deep, dark secret is that you like some of the best music ever recorded.

1 Like

Super fair. Another thing to note is that bending is almost always a no go on guitars strung up with flats. It’s possible, but it’s hard and doesn’t sound natural IMO.

1 Like

image

1 Like

Woohoo! This was a lot of fun!!

Began 9/6/26 - Graduated 9/12/26

2 Likes

wow…6 days. lol congrats

1 Like

You know you’re supposed to leave time to breathe and eat between modules/lessons, right? Maybe a bathroom break or two?

2 Likes

6 days is probably gonna be a longstanding record

2 Likes

I didn’t intend to do it this way. But I was on PTO and stuck between houses. I made up my mind Wednesday evening that I was gonna finish it before the end of the weekend. :rofl:

Now I’m on a mission to find a song and record a guitar + bass cover…

2 Likes

I was just giving you grief! :laughing:

You could do Seven Nation Army and do both at once!

Do Zombie in the 50 first song pack in B2K and Zombie in the 100 first song pack in B2B.

Seven Nation Army is also a good choice

Funny enough - I actually recorded a bass track of Zombie earlier today with a pick! (I owe B2K for that!)

And when I started looking at Zombie the chords are a bit different and there’s a jingle-jangly thing going on during the song. Rather than completely venturing into the unknown, I’m gonna look for something a little more familiar.

At least I have a bass cover using a pick to upload sometime soon. LOL

Edit: I made that side by side cover!

3 Likes

?

Also, easy fix. just follow the root note from the guitar course on the bass.

Big congrats, Prof! You’re the first I’ve seen to complete the full course. Not that it’s a competition, but I don’t think your speed run record with be broken anytime soon lol.

2 Likes