Kickass GuitarBuzz Alumni

Welcome Kickass Alumni!

For those who have finished the Beginner to Kickass course, drop a post here and share your date of graduation.

Congrats, and thanks for taking the course!

3 Likes

I’ve gone through the course 3.5 times so far… I don’t think those count though.:rofl:

5 Likes

2 Likes

I’m going nightmare mode this time. I’m going to try and do it all on a bass vi. Some of the chords are gonna sound :grimacing: . I’ve got my low cut set to 80hz and I’m bi-amping it to run everything above 200hz… the D string, through a Hiwatt sim. The low end is running the GK 800RB sim. That helps to cut down on the mud.

I’m trying to get my fingers used to playing chords on one of those. It’s strung with .24 - .95 stainless rounds. After a bit it feels like I’m running my fingers across the fine side of a cheese grater. It’s like having to build calluses on top of my calluses.

1 Like

You can get flat wounds for that bass VI :winking_face_with_tongue:

1 Like

giphy (1)

2 Likes

Holy smokes! Nice work!

That’ll be interesting! The scale length on that thing might a bit tricky for certain things. And I think that bending will be very tough. But have at em, and have fun!

Flats for the Bass Vi can be dear as poison (and limited in range), I recommend contacting Pyramid and asking them the make a set, they are good and less expensive.

The LaBella Flats are (IMHO) the best but expensive and they only fit Fender/Squier scale length easily-you need to be very careful with a shorter scale length like a Harley Benton.

1 Like

I went with the Stringjoy set and they fit with a bit of room to spare. It may be worth checking out if you can order them in Australia. They do have nickel wound, I specifically went for the SS ones because I’m a masochist.

1 Like

The Stringjoy ones are awesome rounds, I was talking about flats, which Stringjoy don’t do unfortunately

1 Like

It is obnoxious that Stringjoy makes guitar flats but not bass flats.

1 Like

I didn’t know they made guitar flats, I asked them about Bass flats a year or so ago and the said: too hard

1 Like

This is because rounds are the proper strings, of course

They are a company of taste

1 Like

IMG_0450

3 Likes

What’s up with all the flatwound hate??

Just gonna leave my flatwound endorsement here for all the haters :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Holy cow!!!
That was GOOD!!! My favorite guitar song. I still tear up when I hear it.

2 Likes

Ummm…
Does completing the Test Course version 1 count? If so, I completed that a couple weeks ago. :smiley: I am currently up to Module 3 on retaking the GB course.
But… I managed to complete this yesterday :grinning_cat:


Finally finished the BassBuzz course (except the songs section) last night after working through it for a couple years. Now I am going to go through it again.
I’ll show myself out. :smiley:

1 Like

Not a lot of flatwounds running around in the post-punk / shoegaze circles that I tend to run in. I need brighter, chimey-er noise. I’m more of a SS rounds kinda guy.

1 Like

Oh its all joking (well mostly :slight_smile: )

2 Likes