Guitar Porn

We need the guilty lustful thoughts topic here too - a topic for guitars you will likely never own but really dig.

I’ll start.

This guy modded a Pacifica 611VFM in Dark Red Burst with a Kent Armstrong H-housing P90 in the bridge for a dual P90 sound. (The neck is still the original Seymour Duncan).

This ticks a lot of boxes for me. Dual P90, great color (I have owned a bass in it, it’s gorgeous), etc.

Sadly it has a trem and he wants too much for it.

I am a huge fan of Mike Ness and Social Distortion, so dual P90 is a top choice for me. I really liked the P90 tone in guitars I have owned.

The unfortunate bit is that for just a little more than he wants for it I could get a used Revstar RSS02T, which is a much better guitar (equivalent Pacifica would be the Pacifica Standard Plus). Not that the 611 is bad, I am actually probably buying one, it’s just not quite the same level as the Revstar Standards.

6 Likes

Both of these were sold when I started playing bass again. Les Paul Traditional Pro III andH1 U.S.A. Strat.

I will never own one of them again. The Les Paul has push/push pots for coil splitting and phase. Incredible sounding but I was always afraid to scratch it so that is why I only have the MiM Sunbirst Strat and a bunch of les paul copies. The H1 pick guard with the Dimarzios is on my MiM now and I sold the H1 with the stock crappy pickups.

4 Likes

Ha, ha, that’s easy, this one of a kind ESP. Look at the low, low price… That’s Aussie price, so probably only around $28k US.

I think Australia got one of the nicest ones Exhibition Limited 2025 - The ESP Guitar Company

7 Likes

I love ESP so much. Cool, badass instruments. I always make a point to go by their Custom Shop whenever I am hitting Ochanomizu for shopping. The people there are super nice!

3 Likes

Which reminds me… they just released a new Hatsune Miku signature G-Stream :rofl:

GrassRootsG-STREAM-Miku-SAKURAMIKUEdition-エレキギター初音ミクSignatureModel桜ミクグラスルーツ

I saw one of the originals yesterday, I love these things.

ESPSTREAM-Miku-CustomS/N:E98502242【初音ミク】イーエスピー【未展示品】

That one is a full ESP custom, about $5k.

The Stream has long been one of my favorite instruments they make, they make some really cool Stream guitars and the basses are even cooler.

STREAM-GT Standard

4 Likes

That blue one is sublime :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The closest I’ll probably get is my current LTD Deluxe MH1000NT. It’s my chug machine and one I can easily put in drop D and. If I need to go lower, I just use a pitch shifter.

I love the little Hatsune Miku truss rod cover. She used to be on the 12th fret inlay too.

初音ミク

1 Like

Love a good P90. I’ve owned a single pickup Les Paul Jr and an old 62 SG Special. I sold em both a while back, but, man, those pickups had a roar.

1 Like

These look rad! They remind me of the Ibanez Iceman model that Paul Stanley plays.

1 Like

Yeah! Both the Stream and the Iceman are kind of similar to my favorite instruments, the Yamaha Flying Samurai guitars and basses. I low key collect the basses (SBV-550 mainly), but the SGV-300 and 700 are classic surf guitars. I just wish I liked Surf :rofl:

2 Likes

I have my P90 guitar fix with an Epiphone SG Special. The guitar itself is good, but not great, but I love the pickups.

1 Like

P90s are my favorite single coil pickups and definitely my fave to have in the neck position.

I had a Fender Japan Telecaster that had a typically meh Fender neck pickup that I modded with a SD P90 in the neck and it was an awesome balance to the lovely Tele bridge twang.

1 Like

Yamaha SX-60:

2 Likes

Yeah, those look killer. I played one at a local shop, and I felt it looked way better than it played. I really wanted to like it.

Yeah it’s weird. The bass pickups in the SBV line are my favorite bass pickups I have ever tried, and the bass plays like a dream. But the SGV guitar pickups don’t float my boat - just really tinny surf.

I didn’t expect it but the basses are about the perfect instruments for me and the guitars just don’t do it for me at all. But they look awesome.

1 Like

Can’t you just swap out the pickups for your preferred ones?

1 Like

Not without modding a lot (these are nonstandard Yamaha sized pickups, like they used to do), plus they haven’t been made for over 20 years so are now collectible cult classics and you would destroy the resale value if you did.

As much as I love the basses, the guitar model is just not for me.

2 Likes

I seriously considered buying a quilted top. But for 40K they can keep it :rofl:

3 Likes

Holy smokes. That is insane. Just saw a trogly video on the latest Billy Gibbons collectable and it is $40,000. I will stick to Chinese made copies. They will do fret nibs and plek for a few dollars more.