Finished the lessons in module 7 or 8 with both the free Fallin and Hurt riffs . Was awesome. These short little riffs but you are doing so much. It sounded so great . Finger independence with ring and pinky is tough though.
I’ve been mostly playing acoustic but at night so my neighbors don’t kill me I’ve been using an electric I have to get some practice. I guess because the strings are thinner I notice it’s really easy to mute strings. Even with tips and arches my index finger on a G keeps muting the couple strings when it sounds great on acoustic.
I think if I audition anything, it might be as a drummer actually. still not ready for that yet either though lol. Unless they want to do super simple grooves all the time…probably not lol
honestly, if you can keep time you are a get for any band. That goes especially hard for bass and drums. Also the best piece of advice I’ve gotten was “don’t play for yourself, play for the audience” do they want to hear a crazy fill or overplaying on every single bar? No. Music needs room to breathe, I myself was bad at trying to fill every void, I’ve learned to pull back though
Yes, supposedly it takes two days to regain your fluid equilibrium. Both alcohol and caffeine use up available magnesium. The trend in overcooking beef also costs one of the better sources of magnesium in the diet. I really don’t like any of the currently available rums, so I make my own.
Hey @AlexLeach I’m maybe getting ahead of myself but are there any plans to release any add-on courses later? I’ve tried so many online apps or videos over the years but I like your style the most with 2/3 of the course done
I’m been always left frustrated when a video or course will leave out things that I would expect any learner to wonder about. The energy and limited time I have to practice would used up figuring out what to do.
This is kind of true for any skill. You have to figure out what to even do to learn the skill
By the time I get through the workout you always bring up stuff I’ve been wondering . So if you got more knowledge to share I’d be interested .
But while I’m embarrassing myself, I can still remember trying to find a hardcopy of the ‘Zombie Survival Guide’, because I was giving it to my wife as a Christmas gift.
As far as add-ons go, I’m currently working on producing some extra course content for barre chord instruction. This will be free to anyone who has already bought the course.
Right now that’s about it though. Eventually, it’d be great to make a second course, but I think we’re at least a few years out from anything like that.
Also, I’m currently working on videos for our YouTube channel. There will be lots and lots of teaching bits in those, so be on the lookout for em!
I’m really glad to hear you’re enjoying the info in the workout tips!
Awesome, really looking forward to an updated barre chord master lesson. If we could make requests? I’d love to see something breaking down the 12 bar blues progression. It’s foundational to so much rock music.
It’s a newer electric, so I haven’t set it up yet. I just won’t be able to for several weeks, so maybe the action is too high or there’s something going on with the truss rod.
Acoustic strings seem to be more forgiving if something is muted. Anyway, I can play them fine on it. It actually feels a bit easier to press down on them than on that electric.
I spent a lot of time trying to diagnose the problem. I guess it’s because the nut is about 3 mm narrower, so I end up bending my wrist more.