OTHER THAN MUSIC

I get it; I still remember the beans and rice and whatever the loss leaders in the produce section were. Then one fall I decided to buy a motorcycle in the spring. more beans and rice and keeping the thermostat low that winter. it all worked out.

1 Like

Great tip! Thank you.

1 Like

My father (P-51 pilot) sat on a pillow! But they still said no. My son is going into the pilot training program, though, so I will live vicariously through him!

4 Likes

Just out of college I worked with the guy who did the loft lines for the ‘D’ canopy and designed the tooling for the radiator scoop.

2 Likes

Very cool!

1 Like

So cool!

I recently went to the Palm Springs Air Museum. I got to see a bunch of old planes up close, including some old P-51s! I love planes. Before I started playing guitar, all I wanted was to be a pilot when I grew up. I even have a tattoo of a plane on my right arm.

4 Likes

Nice!

Lots of nice little airports to fly at in the Bay Area! I used to fly out of Concord. Great little ones at Napa and Petaluma too. Expensive hobby though (and I was not rich by any stretch) so I haven’t flown in like 25 years.

If you want to try it, though, you can get a half hour demo flight with an instructor in something like a Cessna or Piper for a lot less than you think, and you’ll be flying the plane for a lot of it.

You bet! Having STS nearby makes travel a breeze.

My brother’s done it a few times and loved it. Maybe I’ll try it sometime!

1 Like

For me it’s a bit of gardening. Roses, native plants and tomatoes are my passion. I’m also gonna establish a wildlife pond, I’m in the process of turning half of my yard into a wildlife haven.

I love smoking meat as well. Ribs, pulled pork etc. cooking in general and bread baking.

Reading as well. I’m a bit of a WH40K geek. I don’t play but I read the books. Anything Lovecraft inspires too. Crime and horror TV are my genres and I have an unhealthy, at least to some, obsession with “The Office (US)”. Oh and British comedy like Bottom.

3 Likes

Journalism (sports, music). Dunno if it can be called “creative”, but that’s my main job.

2 Likes

Me too! My new ducks just started laying so that’s a bonus.

Brassic? In Betweeners?

1 Like

I recently gotten started on Inbetweeners, and it’s great. Black Books is another favorite of mine!

3 Likes

40k is great. Some of the computer games are awesome and don’t require the time investment of tabletop.

1 Like

When I see how some people are able to paint their minis it’s like someone getting interested in slap bass and discovering Les Claypool for the first time.

1 Like

It’s pretty much exactly like that. Can’t make art a competition and stay sane :rofl:

1 Like

This sounds lovely. I always wanted to have some kind of body of water in my yard for the wildlife.

1 Like

I think that’s very creative! Very cool you have a job that’s also a creative outlet.