Goals

My CURRENT main goal is to learn all three main instruments. Having the most fun with drums tbh, I get to hit things with sticks and NOT get in trouble :rofl: .

Next goal after learning the three mains is to learn how to play what the devil (suno) gave me and take back from the machine.

Then to make my own music to hopefully be able to make a little side hustle

AND THEN! If all goes to plan, Smoke Shop’s Entertainment becomes a thing!

3 Likes

Big plans! I like it.

How can you NOT have a total blast playing drums??

4 Likes

My second was Ragtime, first being the city syphony.

Wish I still had this album; Slugger Ryan

It taught me how to identify a Ragtime piano! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

No idea of any goals yet. My less paul just came out and it feels like adjusting from bass to guitar is going to be harder this time around. Fingers crossed. If the weather stays on the cool side I am starting the course.

3 Likes

You got this, my dude. Tips of fingers, not pad like on bass. High finger arches. and just like in bass, micro-shifting is your friend :rofl:

2 Likes

IM SAYIN! So now the big question for you, my good sir, is who’s gonna lead the charge on DrumBuzz? :rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edit: Pre-emptive “I’m In” is implied here lol

2 Likes

Holy smokes! A trip down memory lane. I recognize that album. Tommy, the brother of Tim Davis who was the drummer on the early Steve Miller Band albums like Brave New World, taught me how to put large unpainted thumb tacks on the hammers of the upper four octaves of an upright piano and play boogie woogie with the left hand and honky tonk with the right. Sounded awesome together!

1 Like

We grew up in the same town, but I never met him. He moved out to San Juan island at some point. I worked out there one summer whilst in college. It was pretty rural. Went out there for 4th of July a few years ago to find it’s becoming quite a bit more suburban, but we still had a really good time.

I had heard of the thumbtack trick, so it’s cool to have it verified. We had a piano growing up, and I had some lessons but at that age I just wanted to be outside. I honestly think that if the teacher had showed me middle C and how you could stay out of trouble by staying in the octave that I might have been able to stick to it better.

Oh, the Slugger Ryan album ships today! Last time I saw a used copy it was $450, or the price of a good used guitar. No thanks! $24 shipped in near mint condition with the promotional liner. Next I’ll buy a digital copy so I can bluetooth to my car stereo. :rofl:

1 Like

Ha! Good question! We’re probably a loooong ways out from DrumBuzz, but I sure love the idea.

1 Like

Something for the Buzz Brigade to work out, I suppose :rofl: …Idk what you guys call your team but that sounds pretty on point lol

I, for one, would be so ecstatic, learning how to be a solo act from one big happy family :rofl:

1 Like

Buzz Brigade lol, it’s definitely Buzz Brigade now.

2 Likes

Sounds like a vintage analog effect pedal

3 Likes

I’d buy that pedal!

2 Likes

:rofl: you’re welcome

I just made this. Do with it what you will lol…I could edit it if you would like, also.:sign_of_the_horns:

Actually I need to redo the lightning bolts in the word Buzz lol

thats a little better lol

1 Like

Not saying I’ve already made the prototype… But here is my latest run of prototype PCBs for my custom made germanium fuzz, a mosrite fuzz and a germanium fuzz face style pedal…

Could do a small batch, pour some black goo on and charge $3k a pedal…

4 Likes

Very cool! :sign_of_the_horns:

1 Like

here is my latest run of prototype PCBs for my custom made germanium fuzz, a mosrite fuzz and a germanium fuzz face style pedal

Very cool. Would love to hear em, please post some sound clips when you can!

1 Like