ALL THINGS NFL

I POSTED THE SAME THREAD ON BB. Forgot where I was.

Still Patriots fanboi still after all these years. My brother’s gravestone has their team logo engraved on it. We suffered as kids and when the goat arrived it was bliss for a long time. Who are you pulling for? Anyone but the Cowboys in the Superbowl would be fine with me aside from KC, Buffalo, Seattle, or Miami.

1 Like

So not Rugby and definitely not State of Origin?

1 Like

Rugby is a badass game. Friend of mine played on a traveling team in the U.S. for many years but injuries catch up and healing time is a lot longer. He is still a physical specimen but quit playing a few years ago.

1 Like

Google State of Origin.

They changed the rules to get rid of the biff and it is a more technical and athletic game now (still the best 3 games of footy all year).

In the early days you were guaranteed a punch-on and spilled claret within the first 5-10 minutes and a few dust ups after that too.

These days you have 80 minutes of tension where the game literally goes to the last second even if one team is down 20+ points at half time.

Highlights from Games 1,2,3 this year

The Cockroaches (NSW) won in the end- Booooooooooo!

2 Likes

I’m in the SF bay area, so it’s 49er country here! I’m not big into football, but I’ll watch a game on occasion.

3 Likes

I want to see Mac Jones get a chance to really show what he is made of. He got the crap end of the stick with his former coach in New England.

Six more days…

Let’s go !!!

No interest in these train wrecks by the masses? Surprising.

Lots if good games on tap for the day. Red Zone is addictive since I started in the fantasy football leagues.

1 Like

Very surprised there is so little interest in this. The NFL wants to expand to Europe. I see a bad move on their part.

1 Like

I think this group is still small, it will kick off soon.

2 Likes

Agree. Bad market for them. They won’t be able to meaningfully compete with footy or hockey, or probably even rugby. It’s not going to be a situation like baseball in Japan where the locals are even more in to it than Americans.

2 Likes

That is such a trip with their obsession for baseball.

2 Likes

Baseball games here are off the hook. So fun.

2 Likes