What are we eating today

I’m gong to be doing a couple of 2.5lb tri tip roasts (my in laws are here this week) as close as I can to Santa Maria style tomorrow considering my wife won’t let me set up the real fire pit rack. I’m going to do a reverse sear on the smoker, then finishing them off in a searing hot cast iron pan in the house. For the rub, I’m doing kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and dried parsley. I picked up everything I need to do pinquito beans, garlic bread, fresh pico de gallo, and asparagus.

2 Likes

Had to look that up! Yep, bare minimum seasoning over oak. Oak is superior for beef in my book. My local Foodservice supply carries every flavor of wood pellet.

1 Like

Mmmm…dang that looks good.

1 Like

Bern’s inTampa for the win. Davio’s up here too.

2 Likes

The Applebees was in ‘Kay-See-Em’ KCM; Kansas City Missouri

Jack’s in Issaquah is quite good, but any more, I just cook 'em at home.


2 Likes

Looks delicious. Cant wait for christmas so I can buy another prime rib and cut it into steaks! Those also doesn’t look like its in the course. Alex I need you to make this part of the course! :rofl: STEAKS FOR ALL!!!

1 Like

I will say in all honesty, heading back east from hollywood, we stopped at a McDonalds near Omaha, Nebraska. The burgers were the best I have ever had at any fast food joint. Corn fed local beef I suspect.

I have stories like this. Like the best cup of coffee I have had in my life was this cup of diner joe at some random truck stop on I-5 somewhere between Ashland and SF. I’d been riding my motorcycle in the rain for like 8 hours at that point with only stops for gas. I was freezing and thoroughly, completely soaked even through rain gear and leathers (if you’re from the PNW this needs no explanation but for the rest, rain is Oregon’s superpower).

There was nothing special about this cup of coffee but it was the best cup of coffee in the entire world and if someone had tried to take it from me I would still be in jail.

The best Little Caeser’s Pizza is at the Detroit Tiger’s games because the founder of the company owns the team. It’s not like great pizza, but it’s funny that it’s so much better than any one of their franchises to me.

2 Likes

Today is Chinese food leftovers. For breakfast and lunch.

Dinner will be sausage, peppers, and onions plus beer leftover from the first game.